Syllabus for IBPS Specialist Officers
English Language: Reading comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Finding grammatical errors, Sentence completion, Rearrangement of Sentences, Cloze Test, Para jumbles , Synonyms and Antonyms, word formation etc.
Quantitative Aptitude: Simplifications, approximate values, Roots, Arithmetic topics like Number system, LCM & HCF, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, Percentage, Profit & loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Number series, Data Interpretation, which includes bar graphs, pie-charts, line graphs & tabulation.
Reasoning: can be verbal and non verbal. Verbal includes classification, analogy, decision making, word formation, series, decoding & coding, blood relation, symbol & notation, Input & output, Syllogism, Puzzle Test, Statement & Assumptions, Statements & Conclusion, Statements & Courses of actions, sitting arrangement and problem solving,. Non Verbal includes Series Completion, Finding any missing figure and Classification.
Marketing: Concept, Nature, Scope and Importance of Marketing, Meaning, Functions and Importance of Marketing Management, Marketing Organization, Marketing Process & Marketing Planning, Marketing Program, Marketing Decision, Marketing Research, Marketing Segmentation, Consumer/Buyer Behaviour & Motivation, Sales Forecasting & Sales Budget, Product, Product Planning and Development, Branding, Packaging, Labeling, Standardization & Grading, Pricing Decision, Channels of Distribution and Physical Distribution, Wholesale and Retail Trade, Advertisement, Sales Promotion & Personal Selling, Sales Management, Rural Marketing, Bank Marketing, Insurance Marketing, Marketing Environment, International Marketing, Social Responsibility & Marketing Ethics, Consumer Protection in India, Marketing of Services etc.
HR/Personnel officer: Nature and Functions of HRM, Personnel policies and procedures, Principles of HRM, Human resource Planning, Recruitment and selection, Orientation and Socialisation, Mobility of Personnel and Retirement(transfers, promotion, demotion, seperation), Training and Development, Job analysis, Job design, job evaluation, Compensation (wages and salary), incentive plans, Performance and potential appraisal (MBO), Employee morale and productivity, Personnel problems and employee counseling (labour turnover, absenteeism, alcoholic and drug abuse), Employee health, safety and welfare, Trade unionism, collective bargaining, workers participation in management, discipline and grievance procedure, motivation (theories), job satisfaction, Industrial Relations, The Payment Of Wages Act 1936, The Minimum Wages Act 1948, The Payment Of Gratuity Act 1972, The Employee's Provodent Fund And Miscellaneous Provision Act 1952, The Maternity Benefit Act 1961, The Industrial Dispute Act 1947, The Payment Of Bonus Act 1965, The Equal Remuneration Act 1976, The Industrial Employment (Standing Order Act) 1946.
IT Officer: Topics from Computer Science /IT /Electronics & Telecommunication, Operating Systems, Data Structure, Database Management Systems, Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science, Language Processor, Computer Organization, Computer Hardware, Computer Networks, Theory of Computation, Materials and Components, Physical Electronics, Electron Devices, Network Theory, Electromagnetic Theory, Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Electronic Analog Circuits, Digital Electronics Circuits, Control System, Communication Systems, Microwave Engineering, Computer Engineering. Apart from this you can expect basic questions from Artificial Intelligence, basics of TCP/IP.
Banking Regulation & Compliance and Legal Aspects:
- RBI's Constitution and Objectives
- Banking Regulation Act, 1949
- Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- Credit Information Bureau (India)
- Banker-Customer Relationship
- Payment and Collection of Cheques and Other Negotiable Instruments
- Different modes of Charging Securities
- Types of Collaterals and their Characteristics
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
- The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- Limitation Act, 1993
- Banker's Books Evidence Act, 1891
- The Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions (DRT) Act, 1993
- Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002
- Central Resistry
- Offences and Penalties
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- The Banking Ombudsman Scheme, 2006
- Procedure for Redressal of Grievance
- Lok Adalats
- Contracts of Guarantee
- Contracts of Bailment
- Contracts of Pledge
- Contracts of Agency
- Meaning and Essentials of a Contract of Sale
- Conditions and Warranties
- Unpaid Seller
- Definition, Meaning and Nature of Partnership
- Relations of Partners to one another
- Relations of Partners to Third Parties
- Minor Admitted to the benefits of Partnership
- Dissolution of a Firm
- Effects of Non-Registration
- Definition and Features of Company
- Types of Companies
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Doctrines of Ultra/Constructive Notice/Indoor Management
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Right to Information Act, 2005
- Right to Information and Obligation of Public Authorities
- Information Techno logy Act, 2000
Banking Regulated Important Laws:
Commercial Laws with Reference to Banking Operation:
IBPS Specialist Officers syllabus.Syllabus for bank exam,SBI PO online test,IBPS PO online test,upcoming banks exams, bank exam online practice test